Here on the next lesson presented by the Ecu-Men, we cover the Redemption. We are going to give you the position taught by the Apostles and the Catholic Church as received from Jesus Christ. (Matt 18:17) Thanks for listening!
90. What is meant by the Redemption? By Redemption we mean that Jesus Christ, as the Redeemer of the whole human race, offered His sufferings and death to God as a fitting sacrifice in satisfaction for the sins of men, and regained for them the right to be children of God and heirs of heaven. (Colossians 1:13-14)
91. What were the chief sufferings of Christ? The chief sufferings of Christ were His bitter agony of soul, His bloody sweat, His cruel scourging, His crowning with thorns, His crucifixion, and His death on the cross. (Luke 23:46)
92. When did Christ die? Christ died on Good Friday.
93. Where did Christ die? Christ died on Golgotha, a place outside the city of Jerusalem. And they came to a place called Golgotha, that is, the Place of the Skull. (Matthew 27:33)
94. What do we learn from the sufferings and death of Christ? From the sufferings and death of Christ we learn God’s love for man and the evil of sin, for which God, who is all-just, demands such great satisfaction.
95. What do we mean when we say in the Apostles’ Creed that Christ descended into hell? We mean that, after He died, the soul of Christ descended into a place or state of rest, called limbo, where the souls of the just were waiting for Him. (I Peter 3:18-19)
96. Why did Christ go to limbo? Christ went to limbo to announce to the souls waiting there the joyful news that He had reopened heaven to mankind.
97. Where was Christ’s body while His soul was In limbo? While His soul was in limbo, Christ’s body was in the holy sepulchre. (Luke 23:53)
98. When did Christ rise from the dead? Christ rose from the dead, glorious and immortal, on Easter Sunday, the third day after His death. (Luke 24:1-2)
99. Why did Christ rise from the dead? Christ rose from the dead to show that He is true God and to teach us that we, too, shall rise from the dead. (I Corinthians 15:16-17)
100. Will all men rise from the dead? All men will rise from the dead, but only those who have been faithful to Christ will share in His glory. (I Corinthians 15:51)
101. When did Christ ascend into heaven? Christ ascended, body and soul, into heaven on Ascension Day, forty days after His Resurrection. (Luke 24:51)
102. Why did Christ remain on earth forty days after His Resurrection? Christ remained on earth forty days after His Resurrection to prove that He had truly risen from the dead and to complete the instruction of the apostles. (Acts 1:3)
103. What do we mean when we say that Christ sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty? We mean that Our Lord as God is equal to the Father, and that as man He shares above all the saints in the glory of His Father and exercises for all eternity the supreme authority of a king over all creatures. (Matt 28:18)
104. What do we mean when we say that Christ will come from thence to judge the living and the dead? We mean that on the last day Our Lord will come to pronounce a sentence of eternal reward or punishment on all who ever lived in this world. (Matt 16:27)
Baltimore Catechism, Lesson 8: https://www.catholicity.com/baltimore…
Sight of Hell: http://www.staugustineacademypress.co…
USCCB, Friday Penance: https://bit.ly/2ODnr2v
Bones of Elisha: https://biblehub.com/2_kings/13-21.htm
Crucifixion, Breaking the Legs: https://bit.ly/3bw4g4q
Psalm 34:20 (No broken bones) https://biblehub.com/psalms/34-20.htm
Anne Catherine Emmerich, Passion of Christ: https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/pjc/…
Chambers of Hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8_C…
Who Moved the Stone: https://amzn.to/39ifpnh
Particular Judgement: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08550…
General Judgement: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08552…